Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Last

Earlier this week, I had what begun the series of lasts - my last day with my Monday classes. Next week is our last week, but Monday is Labor Day in China so we have the day off. Unknowingly, I might have had my last Tuesday classes as well. Mr. An gave us Tuesday off because we are going to Xi'an for the three-day weekend, and he thought that we needed and extra day. He said he will see if he can reschedule those classes, but I'm not sure. The moment of saying goodbye to my classes was sad. On Monday I have two of my best classes. They were also so sad when I said this was my last day. Below is a picture of my best class, Class 1 Grade 4

Right now, I feel so torn. I am excited about returning home and seeing my loved ones. I've got many things planned, including graduation, my birthday, a friend's medical school graduation in Chicago, a trip to Vegas, and a trip to Jamaica for Henish's friend's wedding, not to mention wedding planning and job hunting. There are things I miss and I can't wait to return.

On the other hand, I feel like I haven't even begun to chip the tip of the iceberg in terms of learning about China. Everyday as I go out and explore, I see and learn something new. There are so many things I want to do and so little time left to accomplish them! I wish that I hadn't cooped myself up in my room those first few weeks - I missed out on so much! There are relationships with Chinese friends that started too late. I wish that I had met some of these people earlier, especially Maggie. Every time I hang out with her I realize how much more amazing she really is.

But now is not the time for regrets! It's time to soak up my last week and a half as much as I can. Sleep? I can do that on the plane and when I get home. On my to do list is shopping, dinners, and an amazing weekend getaway to Xi'an to see the Terra Cotta Army! At night time is when I will do my "chores" such as packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment